Monday, September 6, 2010

Key Words

I think I've had a change of heart. I think I've had a change of mind. I warned you that this is what happens when those three little words are whispered at last...

I'm beginning to lose all interest.

But I can't bring myself to hurt you... Because I know that everything you say to me is true...

I wish you'd never said any of it...

I'm not sure if it's a fear of commitment, or a fear of love... I couldn't care less though... Because either way, it doesn't matter what you call it... The fact is I've changed my heart's mind.

I feel trapped, strapped down. A tiny cage has been thrown over my head, securing me to this very spot with no room for much more than breathing.

I can't be tied down if I want to fly. Now that the opportunities have passed, I'm trying desperately to get free without hurting anyone. I know it's impossible though.

The lock on my cage is the shape of words. Words are the key. Words got me in here. Words can get me out... but they have to be the right words, the words that fit the lock. Saying them could hurt me, but it could potentially kill you.

So, when I gather the courage, I'll say to you something like, "You can take your three little words back. I don't want them, or how they make me feel..."

No comments:

Post a Comment