Sunday, August 15, 2010

If I Could Say What I Wanted to Say, This is What You Would Hear

Dear Someone,

I'm sick of you and your self righteous attitude. You always have to be right, and you can't accept when you're wrong... It's annoying as hell, and I still have a bruise from the last time you were wrong.

You strive too hard to be different. You close yourself off to anything new someone suggests to you because somebody else already likes it. It's pathetic. Someone is bound to have something in common with you--get over it.

You wonder why no one likes you? It's because you're mean and heartless. And honestly, I don't blame them. I envy them of their distance from you.

Also, you have no respect for anyones opinion but your own. Just because you feel differently doesn't mean your opinion is better. It means you're different. Which is exactly what you wanted. Right?

You're a hypocrite. You go on and on and on about how much you love God, and what a good person you try to be. Then, you turn around and lie, instead of facing the consequences, like any REAL Christian would do. And then you think you can just say "sorry" and ask for forgiveness. Sorry only works so many times, sweety, and only if there's a change in behavior.

The only reason I've hung around for so long is because my mom made me. Trust me honey, I didn't enjoy ONE minute of it.

I'm not sorry if I hurt your feelings. It wasn't my intention, but these words had to be said. I mean, no one else was going to do it.

I realize that I'm not entirely innocent myself. I don't claim to be. But at least I have the decency to acknowledge that I'm wrong. I have enough self-respect to keep from lying.

And, if I thought you were capable of a permanent change, I wouldn't burn this bridge... But I'm not stupid, like you believe. The most I could ever expect from you was a string of apologies, and a temporary spout of kindness for little less than a month. Then you would return to your cold, heartless ways. I know, because you've done it to me before.

So, I'm done. I'm done with pretending I give a damn about what you think of my opinions. They're MY opinions, and nothing you say will change them.

I'm done with allowing you to work my self esteem down, and being degraded and walked on by you daily.

I'm done with your backstabbing, and all the pain and grief you've caused me. But most importantly, I'm done with you.

*Sorry mom. This is one bridge I HAVE to burn. I'll keep the ashes, if you'd like. But no one is crossing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment