Monday, August 2, 2010

Good Morning

It's 5:30 A.M. Below me, someone stirs. I hear the alarm clock go off, footsteps on the floor. I can hear the dryer open and close, then the shower turn on and shortly after, back off. 5:45 now. The microwave beeps, and I know that she made herself some breakfast. Foot steps echo off the stair well walls, the boards creek, and mom comes in to say bye. 5:47 now. Downstairs, the door opens and closes, squeaking madly.

Silence then. But I can't fall back asleep, and if I do, it's merely a light, uneasy slumber.

Open my eyes. 6:30 A.M. now. Stare at the ceiling of my disaster of a room. Sigh. Turn over and snuggle close to the wall. Close my eyes. Nothing. Angrily, I sit up and try laying at the foot of my bed.

Again, a light and uneasy sleep. I feel like I'm falling and start awake. Check my phone. 7:45 A.M. now.

No new text messages. I sigh, wondering what time is acceptable to wake you up.

I wait a bit longer, staring up at my ceiling. 8:32 A.M. I text you, saying "Good morning."

You reply :)

1 comment:

  1. Matt calls me at 5am, you can text me whenever you want. :)

    ReplyDelete